Files and service dependencies between OpenVPN and Win (7)

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Remuss
OpenVpn Newbie

Files and service dependencies between OpenVPN and Win (7)

Post by Remuss » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 am

Hello.

I am sorry that I use this way but I am not sure where else should I send my problem with OpenVPN.

I have with OpenVPN v2.3.0 (x64). My OS is Win 7 Pro x64, with customized services according to Black Viper’s Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations (http_://www.blackviper.com/service-configuratio ... gurations/). So maybe problem is some service dependencies between system and OpenVPN. I have administrator account and additionally run OpenVPN as administrator has no effect. I have absolutely no problem with regular internet connection.

Services related to VPN which running on my PC:
OpenVPN Service
Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service
Remote Access Connection Manager

The problem is in extreme instability while I am trying to connect to any server.

Example of error messages:
The instruction at 0xfdb311c2 referenced memory at 0x0034b000. The memory could not be read.

The instruction at 0xfdb311c2 referenced memory at 0x0037b000. The memory could not be read.

(it seems that second value varies with servers)

I think it would be very helpful and useful for me if I know files and services dependencies between OpenVPN and Windows.

Thank you for any help.

Mark

Remuss
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Files and service dependencies between OpenVPN and Win (

Post by Remuss » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 am

So I downgraded to OpenVPN v2.2.2 which runs without any problem and it is possible to connect to any server without error.

When I run OpenVPN after fresh start of OS it is worked well in sense all internet application go through the OpenVPN as well as whole internet traffic.

But for example if I close completely such a successful instance of OpenVPN, then run it again, make a new connection, suddenly the interenet traffic is not routed through OpenVPN and programs connect to internet directly.

I have admin account in my Win 7 and run OpenVPN as administrator. One of my suspect is firewall (Comodo v5.12). Do you think Comodo can make this problem?

Thank you.