Use BOTH ldap and local authentication?

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
ibrewster
OpenVpn Newbie

Use BOTH ldap and local authentication?

Post by ibrewster » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Is there any way to enable more than one authentication mechanism in OpenVPN AS? We want to use ldap as the primary authentication mechanism, but with a backup of a local database if ActiveDirectory (our LDAP source) isn't working, or for people who simply don't have/use an active directory login, but still need VPN access to our network on occasion (certain vendors, for example). Can I do this using a single server, or will I have to set up two separate servers to accomplish this? If two separate servers, is there any way I can "share" licenses between them? I really only need half a dozen or so licenses total, so having to buy 10 each for two servers would be a bit annoying. Thanks.

fsck!
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Use BOTH ldap and local authentication?

Post by fsck! » Fri May 04, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm wondering about same thing. I prefer LDAP but wouldn't want to get locked out of my LDAP server went down and I am away...

luckman212
OpenVPN User

Post by luckman212 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi from 2020... Did you guys ever get an answer on this? Wondering the same thing...

szett
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by szett » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:58 pm

U can always login via cli and switch to local from there.