roadwarrior ip conflict

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
gian
OpenVpn Newbie

roadwarrior ip conflict

Post by gian » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 am

Hello All,

my office LAN is numbered 192.168.1.0 and so when I happen to be in an internet cafe with the same address I have an ip conflict.

My bookmarks for the office hosts are numbered like 192.168.1.*, and our local mail server is 192.168.1.125 so there is no way to tell the difference from local hosts and remote.

If I add push redirect-gateway def1, it works but slows down to a crawl.

Is there anything I can do beside that?

Here is the client setup:
tls-client
client
dev tun
proto udp
tun-mtu 1400
remote *.*.*.* 1194
pkcs12 *********.p12
cipher BF-CBC
comp-lzo
verb 3
ns-cert-type server
tls-remote *.*.*.*

Thanks for reading,
ciao,
-Gian

janjust
Forum Team

Re: roadwarrior ip conflict

Post by janjust » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Basically, you're out of luck, as your office uses the private network that is used almost *everywhere*

If your openvpn server is linux based you can use some iptables magic to do double-natting, but it will always be ugly.

gian
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: roadwarrior ip conflict

Post by gian » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:15 pm

yes, it's a linux box, but because I access my hosts mostly with a direct ip address, I guess that the problem lies in the fact that they are "seen" like local addresses from the roadwarrior point-of-view.

I might try to renumber the office LAN someday when the offices are closed, but I'd rather shoot myself in a foot...