How to modify the code and build it using msys for Windows

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

anmol_jain
OpenVpn Newbie

How to modify the code and build it using msys for Windows

Post by anmol_jain » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi

I have very recently started working on OpenVPN. I need to make some changes to the source code for my requirement. I am working on a windows machine and have installed mingw and msys. I was able to generate the OpenVPN installer for windows by modifying the settings.in to include pre-built libraries but my aim is to make some changes in the code and then install that. When I made a simple change in a C file misc.c and re-built the installer the change didn't reflect. When I did gcc misc.c it gave me the error that not able to find config.h which is included in syshead.h (which is included in misc.c originally). Basically I do not know how to build this code and use the generated binaries for creating the installer. Can anyone help, I am sure this must be something very basic and simple which anyone who has done it can tell easily.

Regards,
Anmol