New Forum Open

Announcements from OpenVPN involving bugs, updates, and new features.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ecrist
Forum Team

New Forum Open

Post by ecrist » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:13 pm

We will be moving the forums to a new server and new forum software on Tuesday, March 19, 2024.

There is not a way to move the current forum posts, so we will lock posting new topics that morning US time. All new topics will need to be made on the new forum after that time. We will permit replies to existing topics for the remainder of the week, after which all posting will be blocked for all users.

You can begin using the new forums now at the temporary address of https://forums-new.openvpn.net. You will need to register a new account.

Eventually the https://forums.openvpn.net address will point to the new site. We will retain a read-only version of the forum after it has closed foro the foreseeable future.
OpenVPN Community Administrator
IRC: #openvpn, #openvpn-devel
Co-Author of Mastering OpenVPN
Author of Troubleshooting OpenVPN

f1assistance
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: New Forum Open

Post by f1assistance » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:17 am

FWIW, I do like the new format of the new forum.

JonathanDLee
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by JonathanDLee » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:16 am

This is the error I get accessing the new url

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Access denied for user 'ovpn'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [1045]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

f1assistance
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by f1assistance » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 am

I'm experiencing the same error and wonder when OpenVPN will acknowledge the issue with their new forum site?

f1assistance
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by f1assistance » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:49 am

It's all back up and running for me...

carlb
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by carlb » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:58 pm

Posting Issues
How do I create a new topic or post a reply?
To post a new topic in a forum, click "New Topic". To post a reply to a topic, click "Post Reply". You may need to register before you can post a message. A list of your permissions in each forum is available at the bottom of the forum and topic screens. Example: You can post new topics, You can post attachments, etc.

I've searched for "New Topic" everywhere. This above does not say where "New Topic" is to "click". Please advise

f1assistance
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by f1assistance » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:32 pm

carlb wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:58 pm
Posting Issues
How do I create a new topic or post a reply?
To post a new topic in a forum, click "New Topic". To post a reply to a topic, click "Post Reply". You may need to register before you can post a message. A list of your permissions in each forum is available at the bottom of the forum and topic screens. Example: You can post new topics, You can post attachments, etc.

I've searched for "New Topic" everywhere. This above does not say where "New Topic" is to "click". Please advise
New Topics here: https://forums-new.openvpn.net/

mulanee
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by mulanee » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:01 am

Hello, sorry to interrupt this discussion, but I cannot open a topic, there is no button for that :(
Even I cannot write to an admin, forbidden for me :(