Port 943 is not open

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
kahlenber
OpenVpn Newbie

Port 943 is not open

Post by kahlenber » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:15 am

Hi,
I installed OpenVPN 2.5.1 on Raspbbery Pi and added 2 clients. For a long time it was working, but now I cannot reach to admin panel with browser.
When I

Code: Select all

sudo netstat -tulpn
I don't see the port 943 for admin panel. I also restartet the service with

Code: Select all

systemctl restart openvpn
or I restartet Raspberry Pi but still the port number 943 is not listed.

What is the problem. How can I force web server to start again?

Thanks.

Fadim
OpenVPN User

Re: Port 943 is not open

Post by Fadim » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:40 am

Firstly, make sure that the port 943 is correctly configured in your OpenVPN server settings. You can refer to the official OpenVPN documentation for guidance on configuring the server: https://openvpn.net/community-resources ... vpn-server

If the port is configured correctly but still not showing up in the netstat output, it's possible that another service might be using port 943. You can use the following command to check which process is using a specific port:
CODE: SELECT ALL

sudo lsof -i :943

If you find that another service is using the port, you'll need to either stop that service or change the port for OpenVPN.

Additionally, ensure that any firewalls or network settings on your Raspberry Pi are not blocking port 943. Double-check your firewall configurations and try temporarily disabling the firewall to see if it resolves the issue.

kahlenber
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Port 943 is not open

Post by kahlenber » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:34 pm

Thanks for answer.
In the configuration documentation, I could not find any setting for web server with port number 943 at all.
sudo lsof -i :943 returns nothing, that means port 943 is not used by an service.
I don't have any firewall on Raspberry Pi.