How to access the device behind the OpenVPn server

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Technicalteam
OpenVpn Newbie

How to access the device behind the OpenVPn server

Post by Technicalteam » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 am

How to access the device behind the OpenVPn server, I have created the CCD file and done my configuration, still I am not able to access the web page of the device behind the OpenVPn server?

port 1195
proto udp
dev tun
;user nobody
;group nobody
;persist-key
;persist-tun
keepalive 10 120
topology subnet
server 10.9.0.0 255.255.255.0
duplicate-cn
client-config-dir /etc/openvpn/ccd
route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
push "dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8"
push "dhcp-option DNS 8.8.4.4"
dh none
ecdh-curve prime256v1
tls-crypt tls-crypt.key
crl-verify crl.pem
ca ca.crt
cert server_3igdLas3y9EIPBEd.crt
key server_3igdLas3y9EIPBEd.key
auth SHA256
cipher AES-128-GCM
ncp-ciphers AES-128-GCM
tls-server
tls-version-min 1.2
tls-cipher TLS-ECDHE-ECDSA-WITH-AES-128-GCM-SHA256
client-to-client
status /var/log/openvpn/status.log
verb 3
explicit-exit-notify 1

Fadim
OpenVPN User

Re: How to access the device behind the OpenVPn server

Post by Fadim » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:27 pm

Alright, based on your situation, I'd suggest double-checking the firewall settings. Firewalls can sometimes act as unnoticed roadblocks. You'd want to make sure that the necessary ports are open and properly configured to allow incoming connections to the device you're trying to access.

Secondly, let's not forget about the logs. The 'verb 3' command in your config file is a good friend of ours at this point. It's going to provide us with some vital information that could point out exactly what's going wrong.

Lastly, let's ensure the device you're trying to reach is well-informed about how to get back to the VPN network. It might require a manual update to its routing table so it knows the path back to your network via the VPN server's local IP address.

Also, check out this this OpenVPN Routing and Firewall guide at https://openvpn.net/community-resources ... h-the-vpn It's like a roadmap that can guide you through the intricate maze of routing and firewall configurations.