LAN gaming between Window Machines?

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

MrHaram
OpenVpn Newbie

LAN gaming between Window Machines?

Post by MrHaram » Sun May 21, 2023 7:02 pm

Hey, sorry if this is not the correct place to ask or if this is has been answered before. Please do point me in the right direction.

My friend and I have purchased Diablo and would like to play it with each other. I am trying to slowly move away from proprietary options such as Hamachi, and would like to see if I can get this set up using OpenVPN. What steps would I need to take to achieve this? Preferable without the use of virtual machines, but I am more than happy to set one up if I really need it. My intention is mainly to play around and learn OpenVPN, to hopefully use it for more projects down the line.

I did try to look to see if there were steps before making this post, but I was unsure how to adapt those steps to fit with what I want it all to do. A lot of it did go over my head. Thanks in advance.

csdragon
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: LAN gaming between Window Machines?

Post by csdragon » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:57 am

One way would be to install a IPFire Firewall to a computer or a Raspberry Pi and use OpenVPN there because its already integrated there...