A small error I encountered

Weekly dev snapshots are available for testing.
We talk about them here. Testing features in the dev snapshot helps the features make it to stable.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please report your experience with testing branch. Include what you were using and how
If there is a problem, the more info the better!
exception
OpenVpn Newbie

A small error I encountered

Post by exception » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:51 am

I'm a student at school and recently used the open-source OpenVPN to develop a VPN. Of course I'm only for learning, I got an error after downloading and running the source code from github.

"CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:31 (include):
include could not find load file:
openssl/openssl.cmake"

I don't have this document and I don't know what this document does :shock:

RemoteOne
OpenVPN User

Re: A small error I encountered

Post by RemoteOne » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:08 pm

Sounds like you may need to download the openssl-devel package(s) for your platform.

Darsh
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: A small error I encountered

Post by Darsh » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:14 am

exception wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:51 am
I'm a student at school and recently used the open-source OpenVPN to develop a VPN. Of course I'm only for learning, I got an error after downloading and running the source code from github.

"CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:31 (include):
include could not find load file:
openssl/openssl.cmake"

I don't have this document and I don't know what this document does :shock:
Encountering a CMake error while working with OpenVPN source code? The missing file 'openssl.cmake' might be crucial for the build process. Ensure OpenSSL is installed on your system, and you might need to adjust the CMakeLists.txt file or download the required file separately. Dig into the project documentation or forums for guidance.