IoT can't get the IP

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
quantawu
OpenVpn Newbie

IoT can't get the IP

Post by quantawu » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:10 am

Hi all,
I'm not profession, but my boss need me to solve the problem, please give me some instruction, thanks for your kindly help
------------------------------------------------------------------

│OpenVPN │
IoT───►Gateway─┴────────┴─►PC

I've summarized the issue and history as follows. Our IoT device (ECU1051) is connected to a gateway, which in turn is connected to our PC through OpenVPN. The VPN connection was established on AWS, and the IoT device requires a project file that needs to be updated and uploaded each time we make changes. We've encountered an issue where the IoT device couldn't connect to the IP address after we made changes to its settings. Here's a breakdown of what happened:

The 3rd vendor and the IoT device set up the VPN connection and provided us with a client.ovpn certificate.
Our first team member was able to connect remotely from their computer.
We copied the certificate to our second team member.
The second team member made changes to the IoT device settings.
We couldn't download the updated project file back to the IoT device, as the certificate was not updated to reflect the second team member's location.
The second team member updated the certificate location and we were able to download the project file back to the IoT device, but afterwards, the device couldn't be found.
We contacted the IoT vendor and were told that the issue might be related to the key settings on the IoT device, and we needed to add three lines to the certificate when downloading it back to the IoT device. The three lines are:
;remote-cert-tls server
;auth-nocache
;auth sha256
Despite these changes, we still couldn't find the IoT device.
How can we update the certificate location and resolve this issue?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: IoT can't get the IP

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:06 pm

Hi,

Would recommend opening a ticket at https://openvpn.net/support/ instead.

Regards,
.\kionci
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support