OVPN Connector does not start

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
derLeon
OpenVpn Newbie

OVPN Connector does not start

Post by derLeon » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:20 am

Hello,

I tried last week to use the OVPN connector service to set up a domain login on our Samba server via VPN. So that the Windows laptops can log on to the domain remotely. Unfortunately, I have already failed to set up the service.

As a guide I used this official one here. https://openvpn.net/cloud-docs/user-gui ... n-windows/

I have done everything as in the instructions step by step but without success. When I try to connect manually with your config everything works but when I try to start the connector service it just does not start.
Do any of you have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Content of my Config:

Code: Select all

## How to setup OpenVPN client?
## 1. Install OpenVPN software on your platform.
## 2. Double click leonserver.ovpn file to create new connection profile.
## 3. Type username and password while connection.

client
dev tun
script-security 3
remote [External IP] 1194
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
auth-nocache
auth-user-pass 
remote-cert-tls server
reneg-sec 0
cipher AES-128-CBC
tls-cipher TLS-ECDHE-RSA-WITH-AES-256-GCM-SHA384:TLS-ECDHE-ECDSA-WITH-AES-256-GCM-SHA384:TLS-DHE-RSA-WITH-AES-256-GCM-SHA384:TLS-DHE-RSA-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA256:TLS-DHE-RSA-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA:TLS-DHE-RSA-WITH-AES-128-CBC-SHA
comp-lzo
proto udp
explicit-exit-notify 1
<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[CERTIFICATE]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OVPN Connector does not start

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:44 pm

Hello derLeon,

Could you please share below information for further analysis?
Event Viewer → Windows Logs → Applications. (Event source: OVPNConnectorService)

Thanks,
Sahara.
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support