connecting the client to the server, entering the password

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Wild_Tigra
OpenVpn Newbie

connecting the client to the server, entering the password

Post by Wild_Tigra » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:55 am

there is a requirement when connecting a client to the server, to specify a password, but the name must already be.
I added a line to the configuration file with a login and password, and left only the login, but the client still asks for both the login and password when connecting. and you only need a password.

auth-user-pass auth.cfg

What am I doing wrong. please tell me.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: connecting the client to the server, entering the password

Post by openvpn_inc » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:36 pm

Hello,

If you're using OpenVPN Connect, it should save username, and by default only ask for password. Are you using OpenVPN Connect?

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

Wild_Tigra
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Wild_Tigra » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:25 pm

I use OpenVPN GUI, the first time you enter it, it asks for a login and password, and when you enter them and connect, the login remains the second time, but you can change it. Can you make sure it doesn't change? I registered it in the authentication file and it is static. Or will it not work?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:51 pm

Hello Wild_Tigra,

We cannot prevent a user from changing the username he wants to enter. You can preprogram the username and password in the connection profile itself so it won't ask and just use what's stored in the connection profile. This is less secure for obvious reasons.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support