Can’t connect to printers when connected via open vpn

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
adrianp918
OpenVpn Newbie

Can’t connect to printers when connected via open vpn

Post by adrianp918 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:12 am

When I’m connected to open vpn I can not print to my local printers , but when I disconnect and join the Wi-Fi where my printers are inside of….I can print just fine ..

One printer is a network printer
The other one is connected to. Mac desktop and normally never have a problem printing to the printers ,
But when I try to print to them printers when I am connected via OpenVPN I can’t print to the printers

Using OpenVPN as

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Can’t connect to printers when connected via open vpn

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:26 am

Hi,

Most probably, the Access Server is also pushing the same smaller network/subnet where your local network is located.
For example, if your printer has an IP of 192.168.1.100/23 and your Access Server is also pushing the same smaller network like 192.168.1.0/24 to VPN users, that would cause an issue due to subnet overlapping. Can you clarify if what you experience is related to my example?

Regards,
.\kionci
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support