SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - ndis.sys

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
dset
OpenVpn Newbie

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - ndis.sys

Post by dset » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:41 am

Hi all,
I'm trying to connect to VPN with OpenVPN. I always use OPENVPN but from yesterday the windows 11 crash with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION caused by ndis.sys

I tried to follow many suggestions found from web but without any success and I would avoid to reinstall windows 11. Can someone help me solve the problem?
Many thanks in advance

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - ndis.sys

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:01 pm

Hello dset,

This is just a stab in the dark. Are you using Symantec antivirus/protection software by any chance? If so can you try removing it temporarily to see if that solves the issue?

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

dset
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by dset » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:40 pm

thank you for help. I'm not using simantec protection

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:43 pm

Hello dset,

Alright, then, which client program are you using exactly (name and version), and which operating system are you using exactly (version and build number from system information)? We might need more information but let's start with this and see if there's something obvious we can try.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

dset
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by dset » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:59 pm

I'm using openvpn v11.29.0.0 on windows 11 home 21h2 22000.1098

stipa
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by stipa » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:49 am

Looks like some driver (ours?) does something bad.

Could you send me (lev@openvpn.net) the minidump (from C:\Windows\Minidump\) and also output of systeminfo command?

Pippin
Forum Team

Post by Pippin » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:32 pm

For lack of a better category I placed it here.
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp