Completely remove Openvpn for fresh install

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

OpenClaude
OpenVpn Newbie

Completely remove Openvpn for fresh install

Post by OpenClaude » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:22 am

This is my second question about a using a new router. I am starting at the beginning and doing this one step at a time.
I had a Linksys WRT3200AC router, Openvpn and Windows Pro. Up until the certificate expired, I could get to my Sql Server database on my home computer with no problem. I removed the Linksys (for other reasons than the certificate expiring) Now I have a Cox Technicolor CGM5331 modem/router/phone device and cannot connect to it. The old config file had code for the Linksys. I uninstalled Openvpn and reinstalled it, but the old config file was still there. How do I completely uninstall Openvpn for a fresh start?

Pippin
Forum Team

Re: Completely remove Openvpn for fresh install

Post by Pippin » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 pm

Hi,

Which version OpenVPN Client are you using?

Not a Windows user myself but uninstall OpenVPN the normal way.
After that also remove the TAP adapter via Device manager.
Reboot and look inside the OpenVPN config folder(s) if the file is still there, if so delete it.

Then try fresh install again.
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp