No Internet Access, but there is.

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ccoggins
OpenVpn Newbie

No Internet Access, but there is.

Post by ccoggins » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Good afternoon,

This might be the wrong area to post, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this type of issue.
I think it all started with one of the Windows Updates.

Normally you have the PC Icon in the Taskbar that shows you are connected to the internet/LAN.
When I connect to my VPN the Computer Icon changes to a Globe looking Icon and says I have no Internet Acess, but in fact, I do have access still to the internet while on my VPN.

It does seem to be causing issues with some applications such as Spotify though as the application thinks I am not on the internet so it won't load.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or know how to resolve it?

Thank you!

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: No Internet Access, but there is.

Post by TinCanTech » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Not all application protocols work over a standard VPN tunnel.

ccoggins
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ccoggins » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:55 am

I do understand that. However, everything was working just fine and I have not made any changes to the OpenVPN server so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this in the last couple of months.

rong
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by rong » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:03 am

I have the same issue, and it's really disturbing, I can't connect to my Microsoft office account, nor to Spotify to listen to music, couldn't find any solution.
Were you able to find anything?
It seems to be because all traffic is going through the VPN and I am not sure how to configure it not to do it

jigs
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by jigs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Same issue here... I hope it gets fixed soon

demoprof@yahoo.com
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by demoprof@yahoo.com » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:30 pm

Hello,

I have been having the exact same issue. After OpenVpn connects to a remote server, the internet icon on the task bar becomes the Globe indicating there is no internet service. And, I cannot access any site on the internet. I can see on the OpenVpn window data being downloaded and uploaded, but the Win 11 operating system does not have internet access. Please email me at vlotfi@live.com if you find a solution. Thanks.