OpenVPN AS Web Server Periodically Breaks

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
TeleBrady
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN AS Web Server Periodically Breaks

Post by TeleBrady » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:00 pm

Hello,

Every once in a while the web server for OpenVPN AS (x2.8.5) will break in my environment and prevents anyone from accessing the web interface (user or admin). To fix this it requires a server restart.

I don't see anything in the Log Reports that correlate to the web server going down. Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to look to determine what's causing the web server to fail?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OpenVPN AS Web Server Periodically Breaks

Post by openvpn_inc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:09 pm

Hi TeleBrady,

I have 2 things to mention about this. One is that there is a known instability in the web interface if the amount of OpenVPN daemons is configured higher than the amount of CPU cores you have. If you have a 2 core system you should have 2 TCP daemons and 2 UDP daemons. The other is that 2.8.5 is really old and you should upgrade that to 2.11.0 or such.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support