Maximum number of "excluderoutes" in XML file

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
gavinkim
OpenVpn Newbie

Maximum number of "excluderoutes" in XML file

Post by gavinkim » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:50 am

This is regarding the limits for "excluderoutes" in openvpn xml profile.
Do we have any limit on the greatest allowed number of routes of "excluderoutes"?

VPN Gateway: VPN client for OpenVPN protocol P2S connections: Azure AD authentication | Microsoft Docs
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... vpn-client

How do I block (exclude) routes from the VPN client?
You can modify the downloaded profile XML file and add the <excluderoutes><route><destination><mask> </destination></mask></route></excluderoutes> tags.
<azvpnprofile>
<clientconfig>

<excluderoutes>
<route>
<destination>x.x.x.x</destination><mask>24</mask>
</route>
</excluderoutes>

</clientconfig>
</azvpnprofile>

phletch
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Maximum number of "excluderoutes" in XML file

Post by phletch » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:58 pm

Did you figure this out? I only have one excludedroute when I export my VPN configuration after importing one with about 10

Probably going to have to set up an additional vpn gateway in Azure just for P2S so my S2S routes don't get distributed, but it seems unnecessary per the documentation you linked.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Maximum number of "excluderoutes" in XML file

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:28 pm

Hello phletch,

I would like to help you but as far as I know nothing in OpenVPN2 or OpenVPN3 uses XML. This sounds like some kind of a custom solution for Amazon's AWS implementation of an OpenVPN client configuration? You might want to check with Amazon documentation or support about this one.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support