Captive Portal to Validate MACID in PfSense with OpenVPN

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

csnetops
OpenVpn Newbie

Captive Portal to Validate MACID in PfSense with OpenVPN

Post by csnetops » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:44 pm

I am using PFSense2.6.0-RELEASE with OpenVPN-2.5.2. I want to establish MACID validation using Captive Portal.

I want to use below process to achieve this setup.
- User will initiate OpenVPN connection and will establish by authentication with local database.
- Once SSL/VPN connection has been established, nothing should be accessible by default. If user want to access any thing it shall be redirect to Captive Portal login page where Captive Portal with validate that if user request is coming from allowed MAC id then access shall be allowed as per Firewall rule applied for the user.

Captive Portal is configured and it is redirecting to captive portal login page if I am going through local LAN. But when enabling with OpenVPN then it is blocking everything that is fine but not redirecting to Captive Portal Login page.

Your help & support will be appreciated.

Pippin
Forum Team

Re: Captive Portal to Validate MACID in PfSense with OpenVPN

Post by Pippin » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:49 pm

This question should really be asked at https://forum.netgate.com/
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp