Turn off auto-reconnect

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
debsmith
OpenVpn Newbie

Turn off auto-reconnect

Post by debsmith » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:26 pm

I'm using OpenVPN Connect 3.3.6. I'd like to turn off the auto-reconnect feature when the VPN connection is unexpectedly dropped, but cannot find the setting for the .ovpn file.

Is there such a setting?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Turn off auto-reconnect

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:06 pm

Hi Deb,

IIRC there is no such setting. You could, however, use the open source openvpn(8) client, which gives you more control and options.

hth, regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

debsmith
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by debsmith » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:07 pm

Thank you, Rob0! I think I am moving away from OpenVPN Connect, as I believe you are right!

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Hi Deb,

OpenVPN Connect is a good product, but it's specifically designed for users of our commercial software and SAAS. But any openvpn client software should be able to connect to any openvpn server or service. Offer void, of course, where taxed or prohibited, or when the server/service provider did something to require you to use their own software. :)

regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support