How to Change Client UDP port for OpenVPN Cloud?

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
mirko3000
OpenVpn Newbie

How to Change Client UDP port for OpenVPN Cloud?

Post by mirko3000 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:54 pm

My firewall is blocking default UDP port, 1194 on client side and I can't connect to VPN service/connector. How can I change it to some other value or use TCP?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: How to Change Client UDP port for OpenVPN Cloud?

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:56 am

Hello mirko3000,

You can edit the .ovpn file and adjust the lines that start with 'remote' to change the 1194 UDP port to 5060 UDP. That should also work with OpenVPN Cloud servers.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

mirko3000
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by mirko3000 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:03 am

Hello Johan,

Unfortunately 5060 UDP is also blocked, however 443 TCP works fine, but I didn't realize that at first as windows openvpn client is not automatically switching to next "remote" entry on fail, it has to be set in settings or edited in .ovpn file.

Thank you

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:17 pm

Hi Mirko,

The OpenVPN Connect client has a configuration setting that lets you choose the protocol, or "Adaptive", which is to try all the "remote" lines in the profile.

You might want to contact your ISP and tell them you need to connect to OpenVPN on UDP/1194. If that is lacking a helpful response, you might also want to look at better ISPs.

This assumes that the router you're using is CPE from your ISP. If it's your own router, it could be misconfigured or deficient.

regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support