OpenVPN 2.5.7 tells me I don't have internet to share

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ukraine_lover
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN 2.5.7 tells me I don't have internet to share

Post by ukraine_lover » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:33 am

I want to report a bug, and a I have a request:

The bug:
Windows 11, using all version of OpenVPN, currently 2.5.7, tells me I don't have internet to share, please see the picture https://imgur.com/a/i248Tln

The request
I wish you can add is a universal config file, or preferably a box in the GUI to add configuration that can be added, and override the config file, for all servers.

For example I want to add this line option "block-outside-dns" cause my VPN provider doesn't add it, so now I have to add it to each server, and the problem every now and then my VPN provider updates their servers, and I have to add the line every time. it would be nice to add it as a universal to be added automatically to all config files.

Another example, my VPN provider uses the option "VERB 3" and I have change it to "VERB 0" to disable logs, again the same issue when updating servers, I have to change it every time to all servers, it would be nice to override the config file with the universal option.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: OpenVPN 2.5.7 tells me I don't have internet to share

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:46 pm

You can almost do this.

Create a file in you users Openvpn/config folder with the options you want and add it to all your other configs like so:

Code: Select all

config my-config.ovpn
Put that line at the end of all the other configs.

Anyway, your idea to add a global config to the GUI sounds reasonable to me.