Is it possible to connect to openvpn3 through a GUI?

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
fernandomullerjr
OpenVpn Newbie

Is it possible to connect to openvpn3 through a GUI?

Post by fernandomullerjr » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi,
I have an OpenVPN Cloud server and I can connect from my Linux client using the command line.
But via GUI I can only connect using OpenVPN Access Server profile, my OpenVPN Cloud profile does not work through Ubuntu GUI. :(

is it possible to connect to openvpn3 through a GUI?
How can I configure Ubuntu to connect to OpenVPN Cloud through a GUI?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Is it possible to connect to openvpn3 through a GUI?

Post by openvpn_inc » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:36 pm

Hello fernandomullerjr,

When you mention a GUI on Linux, that usually means using Network Manager, and then perhaps a plugin for it like 'network-manager-openvpn-gnome' or such. That particular tool has an odd quirk where it always assumes that the VPN connection will be used to redirect all your Internet traffic. There should be an option in the settings to tell it to only use this VPN tunnel for the resources it offers, and not to just assume that all Internet traffic must be sent through it.

Other than that, it should work. It should be able to connect with that tool just fine. If it doesn't work for you, please contact us at https://openvpn.net/support and send some log information that shows the problem with connecting to OpenVPN Cloud. Perhaps we can then pinpoint the problem and solve it.

Just to be clear; OpenVPN Cloud is compatible with OpenVPN 2.4 and 2.5 just fine. And it is compatible with OpenVPN 3 as well. But OpenVPN 3 we only have a command line client for at this time on the Linux operating system. OpenVPN 3 we have the OpenVPN Connect software for on Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. But even there the same thing holds true - OpenVPN 2 can work just fine with OpenVPN Cloud.

Whatever is wrong with starting the connection - it should be analyzed by looking at error messages and log files to determine the problem. There seems to be some misconfiguration somewhere and by looking carefully we may be able to determine what the problem is.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

GAMINGMarcell
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by GAMINGMarcell » Mon May 30, 2022 9:07 pm

Hello i know an app on Flathub its called eOVPN it has a simple GUI and the OpenVPN version depends on your NetworkManagerImage

sukritim90
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by sukritim90 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:55 am

To connect OpenVPN GUI you need to follow few steps-

1. Firstly you need to find the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop and then double click it to launch OpenVPN.
2. After that right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon.
3. In the third step you need to find the site to connect to from the menu.
4. In the last and final step enter your TorGuard VPN username and password and click OK.