OpenVPN removes Outline adapters

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

DH44
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN removes Outline adapters

Post by DH44 » Fri May 13, 2022 1:26 pm

When installing OpenVPN GUI on Windows 10, OutlineVPN tap adapters are removed

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OpenVPN removes Outline adapters

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri May 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Hi dh44,

I am not sure why that would be. Are they using a closed source client? In any case you'll have to go to them for support of their software/service.

regards,
rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

DH44
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by DH44 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:34 am

openvpn_inc wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:18 pm
Hi dh44,

I am not sure why that would be. Are they using a closed source client? In any case you'll have to go to them for support of their software/service.

regards,
rob0
Outline is an open source project created by Jigsaw.

It is very difficult to contact them, the answers are with a long delay, for 3 days and sometimes more.

As far as I know, the problem of conflict between OpenVPN tap adapters and other VPN tap adapters is not uncommon.

Therefore, I decided to ask a question here, perhaps this has already been sorted out and there are some solutions.

Can I post links here?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sat May 14, 2022 2:35 pm

A TAP adapter is a TAP adapter and can be used by anything which uses a TAP adapter.

Just use what you have and install more if needed from the "TAP Utilities" Menu in Windows.