Real-time Status and Actvity

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
TomL
OpenVpn Newbie

Real-time Status and Actvity

Post by TomL » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:47 am

First Post: Running OpenVPN Connect directly (i.e., without OpenVPN GUI) through Nighthawk CAX80 modem/router cable gateway to Xfinity ("up to 1200") on a self-built PC with Windows 11 pro. At some point during installation/setup I had a page with an On/Off toggle and charts showing connection status, real-time activity levels, etc. I can no longer find that page. I have clicked most every OpenVPN app, including as Administrator, but keep hitting blank pages. Where might I rediscover this access to OpenVPN activity/status? Any help is much appreciated.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Real-time Status and Actvity

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:11 am

Hello TomL,

The OpenVPN Connect v3 app shows that information right in the app itself. I suggest you go back to whatever guide you followed for installation/setup and see if you can find that step again with the on/off toggle and charts showing connection status, because that sounds exactly like what the OpenVPN Connect v3 app looks like. I don't know where you are seeing only blank pages. And I also don't know what you mean by "clicked most every OpenVPN app" - do you have multiple? You only need one. And for you I would recommend OpenVPN Connect v3 if you only need to connect to 1 OpenVPN server.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support