[Found] "openvpn gui is already running" but it's nowhere to be seen?

Samples of working configurations.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

thisISjoel
OpenVpn Newbie

[Found] "openvpn gui is already running" but it's nowhere to be seen?

Post by thisISjoel » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:43 am

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this and/or if this is something that has already been covered (I did try searching, but apparently all my searc terms were "too common").

Anyway, I'm trying to get openvpn up and running on my windows 10 machine (intel compute stick) but after installing the application I try to run it and nothing happens. No window, nothing in the taskbar, but if I try to open the app again, it says that "openvpn gui is already running" and again, nothing happens. If I open task manager I can see openvpn running, but I can't find the window anywhere.

What am I doing wrong? I have uninstalled and re-installed the application and still nothing. Is there a step I'm missing? Something simple I've overlooked?

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this, I'm just super frustrated and google hasn't helped me.

int3nt
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: "openvpn gui is already running" but it's nowhere to be seen?

Post by int3nt » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:41 am

thisISjoel wrote:if I try to open the app again, it says that "openvpn gui is already running" and again, nothing happens
Something like this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21757

thisISjoel
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: "openvpn gui is already running" but it's nowhere to be seen?

Post by thisISjoel » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Thanks, I ended up figuring it out :)

ztaho
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: [Found] "openvpn gui is already running" but it's nowhere to be seen?

Post by ztaho » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:02 pm

how did you resolve it?