The entire OpenVPN setup between home and office works without problem when I'm tether over mobile network, but doesn't work over the home router.
Mac OS X 10.11.4, Tunnelblick 3.5.5 (build 4270.4461)
Same issue observed with Windows 10, OpenVPN client 2.3.2
OVER HOME ROUTER
(1) OpenVPN client is able to connect to server
(2) tun0 device is created, ip address is allocated
(3) routing table is setup, DNS is updated
(4) nslookup is able to resolve the server, ping is able to ping the server, traceroute is able to trace the route to server
(5) *BUT* when I try to connect to server in the browser, it times out with error. (Note that this is a https:// URL)
(6) curl is able to resolve the server name, connect to it, but finally drops the connection with the following error:
Code: Select all
* SSLRead() return error -9806 * Closing connection 2 curl: (56) SSLRead() return error -9806
All the above steps work without problem, browser connects happily to server, curl returns the html page.
So the questions are:
(1) What setting on the router could possibly be affecting the application level functioning AFTER the tunnel is setup?
(2) What information would you need to help debug this?
(3) Is there anything else I can try on the router? I've exhausted all possibilities I could think of on the router.
If it helps, the ISP is Distributel in Montreal, Canada. The router is a SMART/RG SR505n, firmware version 18.104.22.168