Accessing Internet through OpenVPN

Samples of working configurations.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

openmind2015
OpenVpn Newbie

Accessing Internet through OpenVPN

Post by openmind2015 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi
My question is the question of many people who are like me (know a little about networking but know nothing about routing). I have searched and read for ours on internet and found many posts but I really can not understand the guides. please explain clearly (Only in windows language) and tell me if you want any data.
The goal:
Bypassing censorship by tunneling all my traffic through a windows server 2008 VPS
The problem:
I have configured openvpn server and client. I can connect to server and can ping it but I can not ping client (is it important?). I can remote desktop from client to server. but the problem is when I want to use internet on client, it uses the internet without tunneling. So I added 'redirect-gateway def1' to client config to route all traffic to openvpn server. then my connection to internet completely goes out and for example browser says can not display page. how should I configure client and/or server to route traffic from client to server and then to internet and vice.

Info(some of this for example only):
VPS real IP:210.110.110.100
VPS default gateway:62.43.23.23
openvpn server ip:10.26.0.1
openvpn server network:10.26.0.0/255.255.255.0
openvpn client ip:10.26.0.6

maikcat
Forum Team

Re: Accessing Internet through OpenVPN

Post by maikcat » Wed May 27, 2015 7:00 am

So I added 'redirect-gateway def1' to client config to route all traffic to openvpn server. then my connection to internet completely goes out and for example browser says can not display page.
you can:

1) Enable NAT on traffic coming from openvpns server tun interface destined to internet on your windows server (maybe via RRAS)

2) Setup a proxy service on your windows server then use it from your client.

Michael.

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Accessing Internet through OpenVPN

Post by Traffic » Wed May 27, 2015 9:22 am

maikcat wrote:Enable NAT on traffic coming from openvpns server tun interface destined to internet on your windows server
Like so:
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/NatHack