Changing which Public IP clients access the Internet from

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
joeker
OpenVpn Newbie

Changing which Public IP clients access the Internet from

Post by joeker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Hello

I have OPENVPN setup and working on one of my dedicated servers. My Server has one network card with a primary public IP address assigned to it and 5 additional virtual public IPs. Example: eth0, eth0:0, eth0:1, etc.

When a client accesses and logins to the OpenVPN Access Server, I have it set to allow Internet traffic to be routed through the VPN when clients are connected so it looks like they're from the Server IP.

What I would like to do is have OpenVPN use one of the Virtual IPs for this, like eth0:4 instead of the main IP address eth0, but cannot figure out where in the settings to do this.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

krzee
Forum Team

Re: Changing which Public IP clients access the Internet fro

Post by krzee » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:50 pm

This would simply be a change in your NAT rule (aka, not openvpn's job) however, you use access-server, which i believe makes more things its job.
We dont support access server on the community forum, it comes with professional support. please see the following link:
topic7036.html