OpenVPN Intrusion?

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Mariano84
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Intrusion?

Post by Mariano84 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Hello everyone, I have a network with openvpn on dreambox with two friends. Yesterday, a friend warned me that he received a warning of intrusion by firewall from ip address 10.8.0.24. Then I checked on the dreambox but unfortunately, I have disabled the log of openvpn, bBut I checked the file ipp.txt:
client1,10.8.0.4
client2,10.8.0.8
client3,10.8.0.12
client4,10.8.0.16
client5,10.8.0.20
client3,10.8.0.24

Since I have created only 4 client, why does it appear the item "client5"? Why client3 (the friend who warned me) is duplicated? To be honest I am a bit worried, because I'm fearing the intrusion of someone. What do you think about that?

Mariano84
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN Intrusion?

Post by Mariano84 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:52 pm

I apologize but I only noticed now that the client5 is included by default in the file ipp.txt of the openvpn plugin of sifteam image, so it was not created by anyone. As for the duplicate client3, my friend has pointed out that the firewall actually advised him not to attempt a connection, but the existence of a new private network, which happens when you start for the first time OpenVPN. I do not know why this has happened, perhaps because of a disconnect, but now I'm almost convinced that the story is connected to an error rather than an intrusion attempt. I hope someone has an explanation on the question of two different ip of client3, thank

maikcat
Forum Team

Re: OpenVPN Intrusion?

Post by maikcat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:03 pm

hi there,

which DM you use? 500?

i have used openvpn on sif image and works perfect..

i believe you created your own keys and certs and dont using the ones
that came with openvpn installation...right?

your server is another DM or a linux box (or win) ?

cheers,

ps:pls tell us more about your setup

michael.
Amiga 500 , Zx +2 owner
Long live Dino Dini (Kick off 2 Creator)

Inflammable means flammable? (Dr Nick Riviera,Simsons Season13)

"objects in mirror are losing"