Upgrading Asus RT-AC68U firmware and OpenVPN 2

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
llarsy
OpenVpn Newbie

Upgrading Asus RT-AC68U firmware and OpenVPN 2

Post by llarsy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:58 pm

My case is that router both at home and in my summer cottage. I have a web camera there og have a look at least once a day.

When I upgraded the home router some days ago, several things changed. First the VPN client missed several info which were there before. Trying to fix it (after it's OK) I discovered that there was unpossible to stop the vpn tunnel. I have tried almost everything, (restarted, deleted openvpn files and prosesses and searched for more instances of .ovpn files). The only way to stop the tunnel was to close my computer or set VPN CLIENT on the home router to OFF. It also seems that the tunnel uses client1.ovpn settings.

I need some suggestion where to find what and where the problem are and how to fix it?

Struggeling with this I did a major failure, I set the remote VPN Server to OFF and may be I have to travel the 300 km there and back to fix it.

But I have the ASUS router app on my android mobil. Many things can be done on it, but I can't find VPN server spite I reach the remote router. Any chance?

Using OpenVPN 2 and asus firmware wrt merlin 386.3-2 home and 384.x.x remote (the last one upgraded some months ago) on windows 10 pro 64 bit. I wish to upgrade OpenVPN to last version, but think it best to fix my problems first.

Just now I hope for help from a nabour to put VPN server 1 and 2 ON. If No. 2 is OK I can set client1 to OFF, but as I have several other users using client1 on ipad and mobil this might not be enough.

My remote broadband is wireless (quite expensive) and yesterday i used 9 GB before I managed to kill the VPN client (to OFF) and sorry to say, the remote VPN server too.