OpenVPN on Pc not a GW

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
teclesoft
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN on Pc not a GW

Post by teclesoft » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:30 pm

I installed openvpn on a PC that is not the network gateway, configured a client to simulate external user access, I am able to connect to the VPN but unsuccessfully to ping the internal network or access any resource on my internal network, reading some documents I saw that to be able to ping my internal network when openvpn is installed on a pc that is not the network gateway, I need to add a route on my gateway, but it is not possible to add a route on my gateway because it is an appliance closed. How to have openvpn installed on a server that is not a network gateway and be able to reach the internal network?
Follow my configs
on the server
port 1194
proto udp
dev tun
dev-node TAP-01
ca "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\ca.crt"
cert "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\vpnserver.crt"
key "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\vpnserver.key"
dh dh2048.pem
server 172.16.5.0 255.255.255.0
ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt
push "route 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0"
client-to-client
keepalive 10 120
cipher AES-256-CBC
persist-key
persist-tun
status openvpn-status.log
verb 3
explicit-exit-notify 1

My internal network is: 192.168.5.0

teclesoft
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN on Pc not a GW

Post by teclesoft » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:00 pm

I change the SO, and put openvpn on ubuntu and use the command iptables to forward incoming packets from the client's IP address to the local network interface. And works, but a need to know, how can i make this on windows.