IP leak connecting from iran

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
unclemamad
OpenVpn Newbie

IP leak connecting from iran

Post by unclemamad » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:46 am

Hello, i have setup an openvpn service on an Ubuntu server in Netherlands,

after connecting web sites such as Spotify, Snapchat and google services like google analytics would welcome me with a "403 Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server." from google since I'm connecting from Iran (these services are banned in here due to the sanctions)

I fixed that problem by changing my FQDN, which worked fine for a while but after about 3 weeks the services stopped working again and sanctioned websites started greeting me with the same 403 error.

I have checked some of the IP-leak testing sites and everything seems to be fine, can anyone direct me in the correct direction to fix this problem?

spacexdragon
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: IP leak connecting from iran

Post by spacexdragon » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 am

you can use v2ray

unclemamad
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by unclemamad » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:07 am

spacexdragon wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 am
you can use v2ray
thanks, but i don't want to change my protocol, what does v2ry provide that openvpn doesn't offer on its own?

spacexdragon
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by spacexdragon » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:38 pm

unclemamad wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:07 am
spacexdragon wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 am
you can use v2ray
thanks, but i don't want to change my protocol, what does v2ry provide that openvpn doesn't offer on its own?
https://github.com/v2fly

this can cross your country's GFW

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Project V / v2fly (aka. v2ray) is a considerably more complex set of tools than a stand-alone Openvpn binary.

Using Openvpn TLS-Crypt-V2 keys may offer an alternative measure ..

This can build you some keys to test with:
https://github.com/TinCanTech/easy-tls

Pixelate
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Pixelate » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 pm

unclemamad wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:46 am
Hello, i have setup an openvpn service on an Ubuntu server in Netherlands,

after connecting web sites such as Spotify, Snapchat and google services like google analytics would welcome me with a "403 Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server." from google since I'm connecting from Iran (these services are banned in here due to the sanctions)

I fixed that problem by changing my FQDN, which worked fine for a while but after about 3 weeks the services stopped working again and sanctioned websites started greeting me with the same 403 error.

I have checked some of the IP-leak testing sites and everything seems to be fine, can anyone direct me in the correct direction to fix this problem?
Hey Mate i have same problem here
i did try every thing (v2ray , openvpn , softether , l2tp , pptp , ... ) nothing did work after ip getting block.
all websites are fine for me my problem is after 20 days google(google ads , google analytics , spotify , ... ) start blocking the ip , and the problem isn't from Client side i am using the vpn on 10-15 other devices and all get in to the problem in same time.
i must mention my IP is not blocked by any "public blocked ip list" and my ipv4 and ipv6 DNS is not leaking aswell.

i'm using "Nyr" openvpn scrip for my servers.
the only thing i can do is buying a Server every 20 days ( some times servers last for whole month)
if you did find solution let me know
thanks.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:50 pm

Yeah, why not post a solution to beat your government and internet giants like google on this pokey little website ?

Sometimes, the chasm of ignorance is so deep as to be utterly bottomless ..

unclemamad
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by unclemamad » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:13 am

TinCanTech wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:54 pm
Project V / v2fly (aka. v2ray) is a considerably more complex set of tools than a stand-alone Openvpn binary.

Using Openvpn TLS-Crypt-V2 keys may offer an alternative measure ..

This can build you some keys to test with:
https://github.com/TinCanTech/easy-tls
thanks, ill give it a try and post the results

unclemamad
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by unclemamad » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:15 am

Pixelate wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 pm
unclemamad wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:46 am
if you did find solution let me know
thanks.

I'm trying some alternative methods, will keep you updated if anything new happens
Last edited by unclemamad on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

unclemamad
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by unclemamad » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:18 am

TinCanTech wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:50 pm
Yeah, why not post a solution to beat your government and internet giants like google on this pokey little website ?

Sometimes, the chasm of ignorance is so deep as to be utterly bottomless ..
well as a community we should try our best to keep the internet free from the hands of the governments and politics

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:43 am

unclemamad wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:18 am
as a community we should try our best to keep the internet free from the hands of the governments and politics
Unless you live in north America you have no constitutional rights what-so-ever.

Living in Iran means they can just shoot you if you do something they don't like.

And people who believe "communities" can stop the Global Corporations from getting what-ever they want
are simply naive ..

EVERYTHING you do online is open to the authorities and if there is something you do which they cannot
capture, decrypt and fully analize then you will be in prison before you can close your curtains..