openvpn.conf file from file.pfx

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
rahalsam
OpenVpn Newbie

openvpn.conf file from file.pfx

Post by rahalsam » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Hello
Please is it possible to generate an openvpn.conf file from a file.pfx file ? if yes what is the procedure ?
thank you

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: openvpn.conf file from file.pfx

Post by openvpn_inc » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:39 pm

rahalsam wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:53 pm
Please is it possible to generate an openvpn.conf file from a file.pfx file ? if yes what is the procedure ?
Sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you tell me what "a file.pfx file" means to you, that I am not aware of?

openvpn --config files (see --config in the manual) are just plain text files.

Regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

rahalsam
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by rahalsam » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:46 pm

openvpn_inc wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:39 pm
rahalsam wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:53 pm
Sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you tell me what "a file.pfx file" means to you, that I am not aware of?

openvpn --config files (see --config in the manual) are just plain text files.

Regards, rob0
A PFX file , is a single, password protected certificate archive that contains the entire certificate chain plus the matching private key. Essentially it is everything that any server will need to import a certificate and private key from a single file.

Goodman74
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Goodman74 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:17 am

You must initially convert "pfx" to separate files private key w/o password and cert. You can do it by the "openssl" utility
see the same problem https://stackoverflow.com/a/72527774/10951191