Set up VPN on Fedora 34

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
leabatti
OpenVpn Newbie

Set up VPN on Fedora 34

Post by leabatti » Sat May 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi everyone. I'm trying to set up VPN on Fedora 34. Actually I'm using Windows 10 and everything is ok, but on Fedora I'm having issues for activating the private connection.

First at all, I have all the files that OpenVPN uses on the Windows PC, so the steps I followed were: Network Manager > VPN > Set up a VPN. I use the Import config option and searched for the .OPVN file, and the rest is on the images. I have a secret file with user and password for the connection, that I tried to use on the user and password fields. Also, in Windows, the first time I'm connection to the Windows Server through OpenVPN it shows up a windows to enter a password. I tried to use that password on the last field. I tried to alternate the passwords on the passwords fields just in case that I was making a mistake, and nothing.

If I miss some information for the post, just ask.

Thank you for your patience and your time.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Set up VPN on Fedora 34

Post by TinCanTech » Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 pm

See your server log file for connection errors.

leabatti
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by leabatti » Sat May 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I'll doing this on monday.

Have a good day.

pipeliner
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by pipeliner » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 am

Hello, is the issue solved? I am having the same problems and I cannot find where the log files are located