VPN with ISP double NAT

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
sevoren
OpenVpn Newbie

VPN with ISP double NAT

Post by sevoren » Thu May 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi, I have a few old security webcams where they recently dropped support for the cloud access (it still can work but with ridiculous mothly/yearly subscription) ... I had an idea that I could use raspberry pi zero, run OVN on it and access them like if I was on LAN level ... problem is that the location is very remote and only working ISP is using double NAT (public IPv4 is same every time and router IP adress in ISP network is 192.168) ... I tought to myself that I could host the VPN server on my home network (no problem with double NAT, only dynamic public IPv4 with NoIP DDNS setup) or I would rather host it on AWS using their free tier (I know its time limited) ... so my main concern is if this solution would work ... I could use that raspberry as a client connect it to my server, change routing in my and the other router (they have different private address ranges so no problem with that) ... so to simplify my problem: can OVN client act as a gateway for other devices?

OpenVPN Expert

Re: VPN with ISP double NAT

Post by 300000 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:53 am

Yes. You need set up site to site so your raspberry act as client connect to your home server and route all for you. It can do that very well