Cellular Router with OpenVPN Cloud

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.
Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Twinkles
OpenVpn Newbie

Cellular Router with OpenVPN Cloud

Post by Twinkles » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:48 pm

Hello

First time looking at OpenVPN.

I am trying to connect a cellular router from Robustel to connect to the OpenVPN free cloud service. I have connected to the cloud via the client on my desktop and I can see myself on the active connections.

I am trying to now connect the router to the same service with the view of being able to see it within the cloud. I assume that is how it works.

However, I am struggling to get it to connect and I suspect it is down to authentication. How do generate the certs etc for/from the cloud to then match on on the router? If this was my own server I'd install them of course, but this is the OpenVPN cloud, so I am not sure the process despite trawling the web to death.

Any pointers on this would be very appreciated.

Twinkles
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Cellular Router with OpenVPN Cloud

Post by Twinkles » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:45 pm

OK after playing some more, I download the certs from the config for my device from OpenVPN Cloud. I am now seeing the four parts needed. I break these apart to install on the router, and I now get the following. I have tried to do it various ways, and it comes back to this. This is a router not a Linux box, so the cert is from the files I downloaded form the OpenVPN Cloud.

WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:24 pm

The complete warning is:

Twinkles
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Twinkles » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Thanks for the response, but that link seems to apply to "having my own server" where I am using the OpenVPS cloud server where you dont have the infrastructure, so I am not installing anything, it is all done in the cloud. I have the client, download the file and that works. I cannot make it do the same for the cellular router. Sorry if I am being stupid, but I cant see how the link helps in my setup?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:27 pm

You should report this bug to your provider.