Error to start VPN service

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
ac_eduardo
OpenVpn Newbie

Error to start VPN service

Post by ac_eduardo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi I´m now being using this vpn due to the company i recently start to job, they are geting troubles, first the vpn works well until an update i dont know wich and then the the webmin administrator renew the certification authority the vpn connects again, but, the network not work, can´t have access on my network, after trying everything (i think) i tried to delete de vpnserver, the clients, and the certification authority and star over again, but now, can not star the service, it´s been two days after searching and can not find the solution, also tried reinstall the openvpn with no results this is my systemctl status

openvpn@VPNHQ.service - OpenVPN connection to VPNHQ
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openvpn@.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2018-10-12 16:37:11 CDT; 10min ago
Docs: man:openvpn(8)
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Openvpn23ManPage
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/HOWTO
Process: 6743 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon ovpn-VPNHQ --status /run/openvpn/VPNHQ.status 10 --cd /etc/openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/VPNHQ.conf --writepid /run/openvpn/VPNHQ.pid (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Oct 12 16:37:11 fwbase-1097 systemd[1]: Starting OpenVPN connection to VPNHQ...
Oct 12 16:37:11 fwbase-1097 systemd[1]: openvpn@VPNHQ.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Oct 12 16:37:11 fwbase-1097 systemd[1]: Failed to start OpenVPN connection to VPNHQ.
Oct 12 16:37:11 fwbase-1097 systemd[1]: openvpn@VPNHQ.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 12 16:37:11 fwbase-1097 systemd[1]: openvpn@VPNHQ.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

hope you can help me.

Regards

ac_eduardo
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Error to start VPN service

Post by ac_eduardo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:25 pm

Updating the post, already get the vpn connection up, but now a´m experiment an issue with the name of my lan in the client site, can ping by ip and access to the files of them buy only by the ip, there´s a solution for the resolve by name

thanks again