OpenVPN On Asus Router

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
h3nk3t
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN On Asus Router

Post by h3nk3t » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Nothing works LAN to another LAN. Both LAN's using same DHCP spann. 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.254

Is there any solution for that kind of behaviour with OpenVPN TAP???

Thanks

Geo1983
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Geo1983 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello everybody,
Can anybody help me with a problem?
I have 2 Asus routers: RT-AX88U as a OpenVPN server (TAP) and a RT-AC88U as a OpenVPN client. I need a TAP connection to connect all the TVs from both locations to DLNA server from my NAS.
The VPN connection is working very well but when I connect a Chromecast or a Google Home mini in the client network the Server (RT-AX88U) is rebooting. I tried with more Chromecasts or Google speakers but the same problem. Is something special with this google devices? Can I block them from VPN connection? Unfortunately the entire log is lost when the router is rebooting (I can see only the booting log).
Please help me. Is very annoying to disconnect all the google devices when I want to enable the VPN connection. I'm using firmware 384.17 from Merlin on both routers. With the original Asuswrt firmware I have the same behavior.
Thank you!

gundrted
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by gundrted » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I have an AX11000 and trying to setup my OpenVPN server. My router has a current firmware load. My client is an iPhone 6s with the latest IOS and latest OpenVPN app. Everything connects fine, but as others have seen is my IP is still using my iPhone's WiFi connection. My router's 'Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic' to Yes. I have tried to set the setting to No and back to Yes. I've also download a new config profile file to my iPhone. My iPhone client is set to use the VPN on 'all' networks.

I'm not concerned about LAN access. I'm just running this to mask my data when using shared WiFi. I've tried to setup my routers IPSec server and that works 'correctly' and masks my IP. My issue with the iPhone's native VPN is it doesn't stay up. If I move from WiFi to cellular, the connection drops. I really like the OpenVPN feature of moving between networks.

I've tried Googling and I'm only coming up with 'Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic'.

Am I missing something?

gundrted
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by gundrted » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:27 pm

gundrted wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:17 pm
Hi all,

I have an AX11000 and trying to setup my OpenVPN server. My router has a current firmware load. My client is an iPhone 6s with the latest IOS and latest OpenVPN app. Everything connects fine, but as others have seen is my IP is still using my iPhone's WiFi connection. My router's 'Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic' to Yes. I have tried to set the setting to No and back to Yes. I've also download a new config profile file to my iPhone. My iPhone client is set to use the VPN on 'all' networks.

I'm not concerned about LAN access. I'm just running this to mask my data when using shared WiFi. I've tried to setup my routers IPSec server and that works 'correctly' and masks my IP. My issue with the iPhone's native VPN is it doesn't stay up. If I move from WiFi to cellular, the connection drops. I really like the OpenVPN feature of moving between networks.

I've tried Googling and I'm only coming up with 'Direct clients to redirect Internet traffic'.

Am I missing something?
**Bump**

Astouka1
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Astouka1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:27 pm

hello, i really need your help. I have configured an integrated openvpn connection
with Asus ax-1800 (rt-ax56u). My client is an IOS client. I need help to configure my
vpn connection so that it can access my camera recorder which will not have the right to be connected to the internet.
It will connect to the local network with blocked internet access.
What I need to do is make sure that my vpn client can access my camera recorder despite the internet restriction for it.
when i authorize the internet it works but when i block the internet via the asus panel, it no longer works.
I must therefore make a rule to allow my vpn client to access it anyway.
I understood that it is either a static route via my router or a "Push route" ..
I do not really understand and I am not sure of that. how to do? here is some screenshot:
i have guest several port, firewall rules.. but i think i dont understand all...
I DONT USE SERVER (I USE ASUS ROUTER **THIS IS MY SERVER**)
thanks you