Can Connect To NAS Using OpenVPN w/ Laptop/Android, But Unable To Access Shared Folders In Windows Explorer

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
David99G20T
OpenVpn Newbie

Can Connect To NAS Using OpenVPN w/ Laptop/Android, But Unable To Access Shared Folders In Windows Explorer

Post by David99G20T » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:32 am

Hello,

So I finally am able to connect to my QNAP NAS using OpenVPN using my Android/Laptop, but I am unable to access the mapped drive from my laptop. I can access the NAS fine if I input the IP address in the search bar and I am also able to access it using QFILE on my Android phone, but I can't access the mapped drive. Not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to be able to access the mapped drive occasionally. Can anyone provide any guidance?

The error that I am receiving is "Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use....this connection has not been restored"

Thank you!

jasonmowrey
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Can Connect To NAS Using OpenVPN w/ Laptop/Android, But Unable To Access Shared Folders In Windows Explorer

Post by jasonmowrey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:52 pm

I am getting this same error message. Anyone know how to correct?

nothing
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Can Connect To NAS Using OpenVPN w/ Laptop/Android, But Unable To Access Shared Folders In Windows Explorer

Post by nothing » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:53 pm

Try disconnecting the mapped drive and create it again by using qnap's IP address.