Vpn server with tap

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
kaputt6
OpenVpn Newbie

Vpn server with tap

Post by kaputt6 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi!

I used more or less this guide to set up a raspberrry with openvpn tap

http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/bri ... rver_setup

and enabled ipv4 forwarding + And added the following lines to my OpenVPN server conf
push "redirect-gateway def1"
push "dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8"

Just a newbie question:

The server is configured with 192.168.2.10 and dg 192.168.2.1 When I start the raspberry I cannot ping it from internal lan (ex a win computer) and internet doesnt work on raspberry.
If I run systemctl stop openvpn@server.service, I can ping it and internett works on the server.

I havent testet any clients to connect to server yet, but I just have a feeling it wont work.

Any ideas?

kaputt6
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Vpn server with tap

Post by kaputt6 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 pm

I tested it from external network and I can access vpn server:) I get adress from dhcp pool (192.168.2.11).
However, internet doesnt work, and I cant ping 192.168.2.1 or anything on the on the network im connected to.
Must be something from with routing or redirecting of traffic?

If i type ipconfig, I can only see ip and subnetmask on "vpn ipadress". Default gatway is "blank".

c0c0n4t
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Vpn server with tap

Post by c0c0n4t » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:02 am

push "redirect-gateway def1" this one here should be
push "redirect-gateway def1 bypass-dhcp"

can you share your server.conf and ifconfig? I cant get the client to connect to server after adding the bridge :(