The change during new installation

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
jugan1
OpenVpn Newbie

The change during new installation

Post by jugan1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello,

My system: Windows 10 Pro.

I have one TAP Windows Adapter. I would like to have next one. This is not a problem - in cmd I have to write something like "tapinstall.exe install OemVista.inf TAP0901". But during installation next adapter, adapter ( the first ) which I have is reload. What does it means? When the first adapter is off ( his icon is grey ) and I install the second one adapter, the first one change his state to unplugged ( so his icon is in color with red "X" in left down right ). Is there a way to don't change states other adapter during the installation new one?

Why I need it? Because when I use VPN and I install new adapter, my VPN connection is restart ( this is only the first example - I have other - I write this to show that is important to me to don\t change states other adapters.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: The change during new installation

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Use --> Windows Menu - Tap Adapter Utilities - Add Tap Adapter

jugan1
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by jugan1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Thank you, but what is "tap adapter utilities"? When I click on Windows Menu I don't see that application (?)

When I go to tap-windows-9.21.2.exe I choose 2 first options:
TAP Virtual Ethernet Adapter
TAP Utilities

I can't choose only TAP Utilities. When I select this, the TAP Virtual Ethernet Adapter is selected automatically

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:05 pm

It looks the name has changed, try:

Windows Menu -> OpenVPN -> Utilities -> Add new TAP-Windows virtual network adapter

Typically, the Remove option has been removed ... without notice :evil:

jugan1
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by jugan1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Thank you. Of course I try this. But I have to use this from my code so I would like to use some CMD command. Can you tell me: is there possible to add tap adapter ( this is possible because I check this ) and don't change states other tap adapters ( I can't find any options to cmd command to do this )?