Install on SAMA5D2 Xplained Board

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
LucaLeoncavallo
OpenVpn Newbie

Install on SAMA5D2 Xplained Board

Post by LucaLeoncavallo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi,

I'm new on Linux and I've some trouble trying to install OpenVPN on SAMA5D2 Xplained that is a board based on ARM Architecture.

I work on a Ubuntu PC Host in which the cross compile tool chain for ARM is setup correctly. I'm finally able to develop application SW using Qt for the targht board. But the next step is to have a VPN server on the board and after some web research I choose OpenVPN.

I've downloaded today the gz archive but is not possibile to compile on the target because the Linux system on the SD Card has no Compilers.

Do I have to cross compile on my Host PC?
If so, how to install the compiled OpenVPN on the board? which file to copy and where?

There are dependencies on other package to download, compile and manually install on the target?

Please help.

Thanks

Luca

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Install on SAMA5D2 Xplained Board

Post by TinCanTech » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:14 pm