"TAP" interface missing after install OpenVPN GUI

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
apirak.pu
OpenVpn Newbie

"TAP" interface missing after install OpenVPN GUI

Post by apirak.pu » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 am

Hi,

I'm using OpenVPN GUI on Windows 10. I've download and install it from my pfSense firewall.
The first time after install it can be used but after 1 or 2 time of restart my PC I've found it cannot use and return log like this
Wed Jan 9 11:45:48 2015 MANAGEMENT: Client disconnected
Wed Jan 9 11:45:48 2015 There are no TAP-Windows adapters on this system. You should be able to create a TAP-Windows adapter by going to Start -> All Programs -> TAP-Windows -> Utilities -> Add a new TAP-Windows virtual ethernet adapter.
Wed Jan 9 11:45:48 2015 Exiting due to fatal error

Then I go to Network Connection in Control Panel and found that the "TAP" interface got missing.

Then I must re-install OpenVPN GUI to bring TAP back and the same after 1 or 2 time of restart my PC it got missing again.

So What causes it?, How can I resolve this?

other details :
OpenVPN package version on pfSense
- package openvpn-client-export v.1.4.14

my pfSense specification :
- pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 (amd64)
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2407
- RAM 16GB
- 500 GB HDD

Thanks.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: "TAP" interface missing after install OpenVPN GUI

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 pm

apirak.pu wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 am
'm using OpenVPN GUI on Windows 10. I've download and install it from my pfSense firewall
Please use our official installers.