Connect to Cisco vpn concentrator

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
mlbrown7
OpenVpn Newbie

Connect to Cisco vpn concentrator

Post by mlbrown7 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:44 pm

New to OpenVPN and been looking around at the site and blogs. Can I use OpenVPN client to connect to an existing cisco vpn concentrator. As all know, stupid cisco does not have a 64-bit client and the hosting provider is not going to spend the $$$ to upgrade and support anyconnect.

If have installed OpenVPN but this is not a strong area for me. Would anyone have a sample .ovpn client config file for this type of scenario they would be willing to share to get me started.

Thanks!
Matt

ecrist
Forum Team

Re: Connect to Cisco vpn concentrator

Post by ecrist » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:15 pm

No, Cisco SSL VPN and OpenVPN are two different VPN protocols. You cannot connect in such a way.
OpenVPN Community Administrator
IRC: #openvpn, #openvpn-devel
Co-Author of Mastering OpenVPN
Author of Troubleshooting OpenVPN

mlbrown7
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by mlbrown7 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:03 am

Sorry, I should have said the current CISCO VPN Concentrator is using IPSEC - we are currently using the crappy Cisco windows client. I was just trying to say Cisco AnyConnect SSL is not an optoin for 64-bit because of licensing cost.

krzee
Forum Team

Post by krzee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 pm

what ecrist said is still right...
openvpn can ONLY connect to openvpn