Connect to Cisco vpn concentrator

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.
Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
mlbrown7
OpenVpn Newbie

Connect to Cisco vpn concentrator

Post by mlbrown7 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:44 pm

New to OpenVPN and been looking around at the site and blogs. Can I use OpenVPN client to connect to an existing cisco vpn concentrator. As all know, stupid cisco does not have a 64-bit client and the hosting provider is not going to spend the $$$ to upgrade and support anyconnect.

If have installed OpenVPN but this is not a strong area for me. Would anyone have a sample .ovpn client config file for this type of scenario they would be willing to share to get me started.

Thanks!
Matt

ecrist
Forum Team

Re: Connect to Cisco vpn concentrator

Post by ecrist » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:15 pm

No, Cisco SSL VPN and OpenVPN are two different VPN protocols. You cannot connect in such a way.
OpenVPN Community Administrator
IRC: #openvpn, #openvpn-devel Twitter: @ecrist
Co-Author of Mastering OpenVPN
Author of Troubleshooting OpenVPN

mlbrown7
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by mlbrown7 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:03 am

Sorry, I should have said the current CISCO VPN Concentrator is using IPSEC - we are currently using the crappy Cisco windows client. I was just trying to say Cisco AnyConnect SSL is not an optoin for 64-bit because of licensing cost.

krzee
Forum Team

Post by krzee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 pm

what ecrist said is still right...
openvpn can ONLY connect to openvpn