Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 x64 RTM Tapinstall problem

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
aenimanz
OpenVpn Newbie

Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 x64 RTM Tapinstall problem

Post by aenimanz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:02 am

I am trying to create a vpn connection from a remote computer to use hyper-v management software to manage the virtual machines on my hyper-v server 2008 r2 x64 RTM server. It seems to install fine on the Hyper-V but it fails to install the network adapter using the tapinstall.exe with the return error:2. I used the latest version available (version 2 rc 21). I have tried manually adding the driver using the tapinstall.exe aswell as using pnputil.exe and drvinst.exe. It seems to install the inf but no device appears. I have checked the device manager remotely and no new items appear not even unknown ones. I have run as administrator and cannot fond any way to run in compatibility mode through cli. Is there any way that anyone has found to install the hardware manually using commands on a non gui windows environment? Any ideas would be very helpful