Client cant see together

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
shpy
OpenVpn Newbie

Client cant see together

Post by shpy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:33 am

Hi all,
I just setup OpenVPn and get an issue, please help me.

My system like this:

Openvpn server is installed on a dedicate server with the internet ip is a.a.a.a
There are 5 client :
Client1 and Client2 are in Lan1 (internet IP is b.b.b.b)
Client3 is in Lan2 (internet IP is c.c.c.c)
Client4 is a pc connect direct to internet with the ip d.d.d.d
Client5 is an winmobile pc connect via 3G and have an internet ip is e.e.e.e

All client can connect to the Openvpn server (10.8.0.1) and ping to server ip (10.8.0.1) okie but they can not "see" or ping together. For example Client1 (10.8.0.6) can not ping 10.8.0.10 (the ip of Client2) , Client2 cant ping client1 too. Client1 cant ping to client3 ,4 ,5 ... Client1 can ping Client2 via Lan1 Ip (192.168.x.x)

For testing, i install Hamachi on all client and server and join to 1 virtual lan. All clients and server can see together and can ping together by hamachi ip.

I found that, Openvpn server do not send the Default gateway to client. May it the problem?
Beside that, why each client connect to a difference DHCP server ? For example : Client1 has IP 10.8.0.6 because it get ip form DHCP server 10.8.0.5 , and Client2 10.8.0.10 have the DHCP server ip 10.8.0.9 ! The DHCP server is on client or on Openvpn server ?

krzee
Forum Team

Re: Client cant see together

Post by krzee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:06 am

http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-sourc ... ml#slash30 explains why routed clients each use 4 ips
you can avoid this behavior by using

Code: Select all

topology subnet
in your server config file.
your servers firewall (or ip forwarding?) is not allowing the clients to see eachother, you can bypass this with

Code: Select all

client-to-client
in your server config