Connecting to different servers from one client.

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
sathuli
OpenVpn Newbie

Connecting to different servers from one client.

Post by sathuli » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi,
I'm kinda new to OpenVPN and in need of some help...

I have OpenVPN client setup and I want to be able to access multiple servers from that one machine. At current I have two sites I need to connect to both have sent me there certificates and keys, which means I have two master "ca.crt" files and the necessary other files.

My question is.. Is there a way to merge the two ca.crt files together so that I don't have to rename them in the config folder so that the relevant ca.crt is "active" whenever I need to connect?

Many Thanks

Sath

krzee
Forum Team

Re: Connecting to different servers from one client.

Post by krzee » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 am

You need to run a separate instance of openvpn for each connection you want to make.
As for file names, you can rename them if you wish, all that matters is that the configs point to the correct files. You can also use different directories for each vpn
Use full paths when you point to filenames

sathuli
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Connecting to different servers from one client.

Post by sathuli » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Awesome thanks for that I didn't realise that you could change the names in the config.

Thanks for your help :D