is it possible to adding OpenVPN cipher within custom cipher algorithm from OpenSSL that modified within custom cipher a

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
antokxvi
OpenVpn Newbie

is it possible to adding OpenVPN cipher within custom cipher algorithm from OpenSSL that modified within custom cipher a

Post by antokxvi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:46 am

I have implementation a custom cipher algorithm (GIFT128) and adding that to OpenSSL. and the result, cipher algorithm have been implemented like this when i check by command

Code: Select all

openssl enc -cipher

then when i check it by command

openssl ciphers -v GIFT
the result is like this

after i implementing the algorithm to OpenSSL, i installed OpenVPN with that custom OpenSSL. and the result when i check the list OpenVPN cipher with command

openvpn --cipher
the algorithm that i have implemented is not shown. but when i check the TLS cipher, the TLS cipher with custom algorithm that i used is shown, with command

openvpn –-show-tls
and the result is like this :

anybody know is it a problem or not when the custom algorithm not shown in the OpenVPN cipher list? What should i do to get the custom algorithm appear/show in the OpenVPN cipher list?